The President shall preside at all meetings of the organization and be the Ex-Officio member of all Standing Committees except the Nominating Committee. She shall appoint the committees to serve during her tenure.
- Presides at all meetings (general, executive, & board)
- Board Meeting: consists of elected Officers
- Executive Meeting: consists of elected Officers & appointed Committee Chairwomen
- Knows basic parliamentary procedures.
- Becomes knowledgeable of HCCW By-Laws & Standing Rules.
- Has a basic understanding of the duties of all positions
- Chooses Standing Committee Chairwomen & Committees & gives direction & assistance to them (President is Ex-Officio member of all Standing Committees except the Nominating Committee).
- Legislation Chairwoman
- Scholarship Committee (4 members for 1 year)
- Scholarship Liaison (no term limit)
- Ways & Means Chairwoman
- Social Media Chairwoman
- Website Chairwoman
- Nominating Committee
- Fund Raiser Chairwoman
- Any other Committee deemed necessary
- Calls Executive/ Board meetings as deemed necessary.
- An immediate meeting after taking office which may include outgoing officers & chairwomen
- Executive/board meeting minutes are recorded by Recording Secretary and a copy forwarded to President
- All organizational business voted on by the Board/Executive Committee is passed to the membership
- By-Law & Standing Rules are followed
- Sends “Thank You” letters to donors & sponsors for our Annual Fund Raiser
- Prepares an agenda before each meeting & sends to all Officers and Standing Committee Chairs prior to the meeting
EXAMPLE OF AGENDA:
- Call meeting to order & welcome members & guests
- Prayer followed by Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of minutes from previous meeting
- Officers’ reports
- Committee Chairwomen reports
- Announcements from floor
- Unfinished business
- New business
- Introduction of Guest Speaker
- Reviews minutes from previous meeting & follow up on any unfinished business
- Starts meetings on time (10:30 AM)
- Maintains order
- Remains aware of time & discussions to avoid lengthy meetings.
- Social Hour 10:00-10:30
- Business 10:30-11:30
- Speaker 11:30-12:00 (meeting should last no later than 12:15)
- Lunch 12:00
- Reviews monthly budget report from treasurer; maintains knowledge of expenditures; has knowledge of accounting record procedures & forms submitted to IRS for the organization
- Executive Committee approves a proposed budget for the next fiscal year which is presented to the membership for approval at the last meeting of the calendar year
- Maintains a notebook of information relating to each aspect of presidency (correspondence, minutes, activities, newsletters, scholarship information, annual events, TCW contact information) These may be used by incoming president as reference
- Keeps an annual archive of minutes from monthly meetings, Executive/Board meetings, & budget reports.
- Passes permanent records to next elected President with all correspondence to and from the IRS: organization’s application & approval for tax exemption as a charitable 501(c)6 organization status & all amendments to the By-Laws of organization
- Appoints a Chairwoman to do the newsletter & proofs it before it is sent to membership
- Attends TCW Board of Directors meetings if possible (as President of HCCW you are a member of the TCW State Board of Directors)
- Attends TCW Conventions if possible
- Becomes a member of American National CattleWomen (annual dues $50); may contact TCW President or go to ANCW website for membership form
- Reminds Standing Committee Chair Women of TCW Beef Activity Reports that are required within 30 days of activity/event. Treasurer shall prepare the TCW expense that includes receipts. Any reports are also forwarded to the President.
- Prepares a Spring and a Fall Chapter Activity/Event Report to be presented at the TCW conference or sent via email if unable to attend. (includes all activities HCCW participated in for the period)
ADDITIONALGUIDELINES FOR PRESIDENT
- Reminds the membership of the goals and activities of HCCW & encourages participation
- Is judicious when choosing members to serve, making sure they are aware of their responsibilities & are able to carry them out in a competent way following our guidelines for that position (i.e. Scholarships must be awarded during the last 3 weeks of June, so those serving must be available to meet at that time)
- Makes decisions in the best interest of organization using established By-Laws & Standing Rules at all times
- Maintains an inventory of HCCW Logo stationary for correspondence (may be ordered by current Treasurer)
- Keeps in mind we are a non-political organization & cannot endorse any candidate or party as a 501(c)6